Discover another beautiful hike to Machu Picchu. Lares trek 4 days, is another of the best alternatives for hiking lovers in Cusco. This route will allow you to cross the Andes mountain range to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, visit the Andean
communities that are descendants of the Incas who still maintain their customs and traditions and visit the cultural and naturalheritage of humanity “Machu Picchu.” Lares hike 4-day will also surprise you with its spectacular inter-Andean valleys landscapes wholly dominated by the high mountains and covered with perpetual snow. It is almost similar to the Salkantay trek 5-day, and you will also travel through the original Inca Trail. It is a perfect circuit to explore isolated places not so popular with tourists and thus reach one of the most recommended tourist destinations by travelers in recent years. Begin and end your adventure in the city of Cusco. We start the tour on the date that your group decides, minimum 2 people in private service (exclusive). Join the expert trekking team of Machupicchu Andes Tours –Matours, it will be an unforgettable trip.
Detailed Itinerary of the Lares Trek 4 days to Machu Picchu
First Day: Cusco – Lares – Wakawasi.
To start the Lares trek 4 days to Machu Picchu, at 6:00 a.m., our expert team will go through your hotel in Cusco. Then start a trip in a private minibus to the town of Lares. While traveling for 3 hours, enjoy the stunning scenery because you will cross the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the Vilcabamba mountain range.
In Lares village, relax in the hot springs and enjoy your delicious lunch. After lunch, start the hike up an ascending road to the Wakawasi camp. You will spend the first night camping near the Quechua speaking community. You can interact with them – dinner at 6:30 p.m.
- Hiking length: 7 km / 4.3 feet.
- Walking time: 3 hours of moderate rise
- Lares trek Altitude: 3,250 meters / 10,662 feet.
- Hot springs: 30°C / 86°F.
- Altitude of the camp: 3,600 meters above sea level / 11,811 feet
- Difficulty: moderate increase.
- Food: lunch and dinner.
Second day: Wakawasi – Ipsay Pass – Ipsayqocha – Patakancha.
On this second day of Lares Trek to Machu Picchu, the route cook will wake you up with coca tea. After breakfast, start the uphill hike to the highest point of the classic Lares hike 4-day, Ipsay highest pass (4,350 meters / 14,271 feet) from where you will have spectacular views of the snow-capped mountains of Pitusiray,Sawasiray, and Veronica. You will also enjoy the most amazing Andean landscapes as you walk along the slopes of the hills and in the small agricultural areas where the natives still employ traditional ways of life, a place where the Spanish language is their second language.
Enjoy your comforting lunch on the shore of the Ipsayqocha (Ipsay Lagoon), an excellent place to relax and breathe fresh air. Then, continue descending towards Patakancha, where you will spend the second night of camping. Patakancha is an Inca descendant community where you can see the villagers with their beautiful and
colorful costumes types.
- Patakancha: 3,800 meters / 12,464 feet
- Temperature: 6ºC / 38 ° F
- Walking time: 8 hours
- Distance: 13 km / 8.1 miles
- Food: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
Third Day: Patakancha – Yanahuara Viewpoint – Ollantaytambo – Machu
Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
Today, you will wake up in a small colorful town that preserves the living culture, a natural area where Andean families continue to produce their own costumes, raising their own animals and believing in their own gods.
After breakfast, start walking along a smooth path to the Yanahuara viewpoint, from where you will have a beautiful panoramic view of the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Then down a zigzag road to the track, where your mobility will be waiting to take you to the lunch place, Ollantaytambo. Afterward, visit the Inca city, it is the only place
where the current people continue to use the Inca enclosures as homes. Also, visit along with your tour leader to the archaeological site and admire the perfection of the work, sacred precincts, and the impressive hydraulic system. In the afternoon, board your train to Machu Picchu, better known as Aguas Calientes, where you will spend the third night in a lodging establishment. Your train will depart at 16:36 or 19:04 hours (Train times may vary, depending on availability)
Aguas Calientes is a modern small city where you can find all the amenities such as the internet, restaurants, bars, ATMs and souvenir shops.
- Walking time: 5 hours
- Hiking length: 7 km /4.3 feet
- Ollantaytambo: located at 2790 meters / 9151 feet
- Machupicchu town (Aguas Calientes): 2050 meters / 6720 feet
- Travel by train to Aguas Calientes: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Overnight: in a 2-star Hotel
- Food: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
Fourth Day: Visit Machu Picchu – Return to Cusco.
Today is your last day and highly awaited of the famous Lares trek 4 days. Have your breakfast at the hotel, then go up and explore the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu escorted by your tour guide. The tour is 2 and a half hours long; First climb to the viewpoint from where you will have the panoramic view of the city of Machu Picchu, descend to the urban area and discover all its hidden secrets.
At the end of your tour, go up to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain on your own. After all, catch the bus to go down to the Aguas Calientes town and have lunch on your own. Later, head towards the train station, take your return train to the Ollantaytambo or Poroy station. Upon your arrival, our staff will be waiting for you to escort you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Machupicchu Altitude: 2450msnm / 8036 feet
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (optional): 25 minutes up or down and walking 1 hour and 30 minutes, 1,700 km.
- Food: Breakfast at the hotel
*Climb up to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain is optional and you must make the booking in advance because they have limited spaces. Please do not
confuse the Inca city of Machu Picchu with Machupicchu Mountain are 2 different places.
NOTE: Train times may vary, depending on availability.
Included at The Lares Trek :
- Pre-departure lares trek briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional English speaking lares trek tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:30 to 7:00 am
- Private Transportation Van to lares valley( trailhead)
- Tourist train round trip (cerrojo-backpacker ) from Ollantaytambo – aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo (2 hours
aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu
- Lares Trek Food: *3 breakfasts,3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks
- Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portables chairs and tables )
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort
- Lares Trek Cook ,who is in charge of making the food,
- Horsemen, mules or porters Weight allowance: Our horses will carry up to 16 pounds or 7 kilograms of your personal belongings.If you would like to hire a private horse, ( let us know at the time of booking)(they also carry cooking stuff and camping equipment )
1 night accommodation in a hostel Aguas Calientes and if you want to upgrade let us
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary)
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe.
- Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our BioandeanExpeditions office
No included during the Lares Trek:
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu ( we can make the reservation you need to add 20 dollars to the original price)
- Last lunch in Machupicchu
- Tips for the crew
What you need to take:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
Prices of the Lares trek 4 days
Our service is personalized. The whole tour will be exclusive to your group, so you can fully enjoy your adventure. The group can be integrated by your family, friends, coworkers or special trips such as weddings, anniversaries, etc.
The price varies according to the size of your group.
|YOUR GROUP SIZE||PRICE PER PERSON|
|2 Persons||US$ 650|
|3 Persons||US$ 650|
|4 Persons||US$ 630|
|5 Persons||US$ 610|
All these services are not included in this package; if you wish, you must add it to your reservation.
- With 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes US$ 20 per person. Hotel La Cabaña or Waman.
- For a 4-star hotel US$ 60 per person. Tierra Viva Hotel in Machupicchu.
- To climb to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, add US$ 20 per person.
- Buffet lunch in the city of Machu Picchu US$ 20 per person.
- Vistadome train from Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu Pueblo – Poroy Cusco US$ 37 per person.
If you want to rent a sleeping bag, a pair of walking sticks, an individual tent and book bus tickets, write in observations.
- Sleeping bag for the entire tour, US$ 12 per person.
- Supplement of a single tent, US$ 20 for the whole of the trip.
- Two walking sticks US$ 10.
- Aguas Calientes bus ticket – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes US$ 24 per person
We offer US$ 20 off.
- The discount is for the countries belonging to the Andean Community (Bolivia, Colombia, and Ecuador)
- Discounts for international students who have a valid and original university card. For further information, please click here.
- Locations Visited: Lares,Cancha Cancha ,MachuPicchu.
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours.
- Length: 4D/3N
- Frequency: Everyday.
- Group: 2pax min, max 10 pax.
- Difficulty: 3/5