Ausangate It is one of the spiritual routes, of magical-religious character by the presence of the Mountain range of Vilcanota where the highest snow-capped mountain of Cusco is imposed, the APU AUSANGATE (6372 msnm), the protector god in the Peruvian Andes. During the tour there is the presence of llamas, alpacas, vicuñas, complementing with the presence of human groups, which will not show their works of craftsmanship.
First Day: Cusco – Tinki
We pick you up from your hotel early and transfer you by bus to Tinki a small countryside community which is the starting point of the trek. At Tinki we are going to meet the horseman and horses which will transport our staff during the expedition. On the route we’ll pass picturesque small towns like Urcos. We’ll continue up to Catca and then Ocangate. In these villages we will see people wearing the traditional clothes of the country. Then we continue on through communities until we reach Tinki. The bus trip will last after 2 hours and 30 minutes we will wakl.through spectacular green mountain pastures where Andean People live keeping their traditions and customs. The stunning mountain scenery will make for an extraordinary trek. You will see many llamas and alpacas which are used by people to transport their crops and belongings. We will continue until Upis the campsite.
Second Day: Upis – Ausangate Cocha
We leave Upis early and start hiking through the spiky ichu grass of the plains and then the trail climbs up towards the Arapa Pass (4900m). Afterwards we continue the trek between Ausangate and Queullacocha observing attractive lagoons and spectacular mountain scenery with great fauna. After this the trail descends to Lake Hatun Pucaccocha. Then we hike up to the second pass named Pucapunta Pass (5000m). Later we have short descent to the campsite next to the Ausangate lagoon.
Third Day: Ausangate Cocha – Hampa
A fascinating trekking day. We pass the highest point on our trek (Palomani Pass 5200 m). At this point you’ll be rewarded by splendid views. Afterwards we descend to the ancient farming area of Finaya where people live herding their llamas and alpacas. We will see native crops and see friendly families. Later we will take a short walk until we reach our campsite at Hampa community.
Fourth Day: Hampa – Phacchanta
Today the trail climbs up to Hampa Pass the last one of our trek before we descend through the ancient Moraine and rocky site this area is habitat for mountain Chinchillas (Andean rabbits). We continue the trek amidst beautiful lagoon (Qomercocha) until we arrive at our campsite located in a colourful countryside community (Pacchanta) where people live in harmony with nature. At this place there are natural hot springs where you can relax your muscles which will be well deserved after this challenging trek.
Fifth Day: Phacchanta – Tinki – Cusco
We leave our campsite early and continue towards Tinki. Later we continue downhill through a pasture with a beautiful agricultural were we will see natives crops like potatoes, oxalis, beans, quinua, etc. The trail descends passing pastures and several communities of friendly people who will greet you in their native language Quechua. At Tinki the bus will be waiting for us to return to Cusco and transfer you to your hotel
- Local, experienced english speaking guide
- Entrance fees to Ausangate
- Pickup from your hotel or hostel
- Transportation to and from Cuzc
- Horse men and horses (for equipment and food)
- 8 kilos per person to be carried by the horses
- Duffel bag
- Tents ( 4 season tent)
- Thermarest pad
You need to take with you
- First aid & emergency oxygen bottle You should be prepared to provide your own:
- Sleeping bag confort 10 celsius below cero
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Strong footwear
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleece and sweaters. Buy woolens in Cuzco and help the economy while you get your souvenirs
- Camera, films
- Extra batteries – they fade faster in the altitude and cold
- Hat or cap to protect you from the changeable weather
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Toilet paper – please don’t litter
- Non-disposable canteen and sterilizing tablets (ie. Micropur)
- Cash in soles and/or US$
- Walking sticks or poles (black diamont or leki br
Ausangate trek 5 Days
Our service is in group
Price: $ 558
All these services are not included in this package; if you wish, you must add it to your reservation.
- A pen sleeping bag minus 25 degrees below zero, US$ 20 during the entire trip.
- Supplement for an individual tent, US$ 30 for the entire tour.
- A pair of canes of US$ 10
- Locations Visited: Upis, Ausangate, Hampa.
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours.
- Length: 5D/4N
- Frequency: Everyday.
- Difficulty: 5/5