The citadel of Choquequirao was one of the last Inca bastions where they resisted the Spanish invasion. With the passage of time this place has managed to maintain its original constructions and has become the best alternative for walks in the region of Cusco. During its journey presents a great variety of landscapes, altitudes and climates. This trip is recommended for people who enjoy hiking with a certain degree of difficulty in addition to not being very touristy. Let’s discover this extraordinary place together.
First Day : Cusco – San Jose de Cachora – Chikiska – Playa Rosalina
The Bus will pick us up at the hotel at 6am and will transport us to the disctrict of San Jose De Cachora (3 hours) where we will begin the walk. This will be the first section of ascending until we reach the Chikiska zone. After lunch we will descend until our first campsite at the shores of the Apurimac River known as the Rosalinas beach. On this day we will walk for between 5 and 6 hours according to the speed of the group.
Second Day: Playa Rosalina – Santa Rosa – Marampata – Choquequirao
Again veru early and after breakfast, we will begin a physical day of hiking which will also be very rewarding. The path takes us to the top of the mountain to Marampata (3000m.s.n.m.) where we will have lunch and regain energy which will allow us to reach the summit of Choquequirao (3650 m.s.n.m). Here we will rest for the night hopefully witnessing a beautiful sunset from our comfortable tents. This day contains 10kms of walking.
Third Day : Choquequirao – Santa Rosa – Chiquisca
We will begin the day at 5am where, after breakfast, we will visit the archaelogical complex of Choquequirao, the most important and furthest point of this excursión. After the visit and we have had time to explore, we will come back to Cusco via the same route. Along the route we will hike up to Chiquisca where we will camp overnight for our last camp spot. This day will contain about 5 hours of hiking.
Fourth Day: Chiquisca – Capuliyuc – Cachora – Cusco
The days activities start at 7am for the final leg of the trip. There will be a final viewpoint that we hike up to called Wayna Qalli. From here we will be able to appreciate the Apurimac River Canyon rated by many as being the most spectacular in South America. Completing the journey, we arrive at the town of San Jose de Cachora where our transport will bring us back to Cusco. We will arrive back at around 5pm. The days walking will take about 3 hours.
End of our Services
Included At the choquequirao trek :
- Professional, Speaking English Tour Guide and Assistant Guide (for groups of 8 or more people)
- Collection from hotel ( we will come to pick you up )
- Round trip local bus (Cusco-Cachora-Cusco)
- Entrance fees to Choquequirao
- Food : 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day
- Camping equipment Dining and cooking tent with table and chairs
- Tent capacity 4 people to be use only for 2 paxs so you will have more room to storage your own luggage
- Horseman and mules (they just carry cooking and camping equipment)
7 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- Therma rest air mattress
- First Aid kit
Doesn’t Include at the Choquequirao Trek:
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day
- And if you need something to hire from us, we will for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping
- Shops use to ask like 50 or 60 dolars for anything you want to take.
What you need to take for he Choquequirao Trek:
- Walking boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Insect repellent minimum 30% deet
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries
Optional items to take for the Chqoquequirao Trek:
- Walking poles (with rubber tip) they can also be hired from us
- Plasters and bandages
- Bathing suit (for hot springs) in conoc , ( optional )
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters ,cook and guide and for any emergency (200 soles )
|N° of Person||PRICE PER PERSON|
|1 Persons||US$ 358|
If you want to book a tour in group service, write us to the email or WhatsApp and specify the date of your tour and the number of people.