Choquequirao is the second most important archaeological site in the city of Cusco and that had connection with the last Inca cities of Vilcabamba as with the Machupicchu through different Inca roads that ran throughout the Inca Empire which we see in our journey, as well as different settlers who live in all this area the population of Yanama, glaciers, mines, silver and lead in the past, were being exploited, until a few years ago. Valleys. etc. You have to accompany us in this unforgettable adventure for everyone.
First Day: Cachora – Coca Masana – Playa Rosalina:
We leave from Cusco early in the morning by private transport. Approx. at 5:30 we will arrive after 4 hours in Cachora (2,900m asl), a typical Andean town where we meet the rest of our trekking team. After a well deserved breakfast we start a two-hour trek to Capuliyoc (2,915m). On the way we get our first views of the Apurimac Valley stretching below and of the snow-capped peaks of Padrayoc and Wayna Cachora (5,482m). Afterwards we descend through the eastern slopes of the Andes to reach Coca Masana (2,330m). The temperature becomes higher and the flora and fauna begin to change. Finally we arrive at Playa Rosalina (Rosalina Beach) at 1,550m, where we camp beside the raging Apurimac River.
Second Day: Playa Rosalina – Maranpata or Choquequirao:
Again we get up very early to start, after the breakfast, our walk to reach Maranpata or Choquequirao after middday.
we will reach the archaeological site and we get to know it step by step, the great ability and intelligence which had the people who constructed this vestige which makes us seeing again the glorious time of Inca empire.
Admiring the beauty and with our heads full of ideas, we observe dauntless the condors flying, which around 3 p.m. appear in area of Choquequirao when they fly to higher zones.
Later we take a route to Raqaypata where we camp and after dinner we pass the night.
Third Day: Choquequirao all day:
This day we will dedicate ourselves exclusively to enjoy all the magic of history and splendor of Choquequirao, with a guided visit and time to know whole the site with its 8 sectors, like barns, houses temples and also we will observe the three levels of the excavated ruins of this late Inca-town, like the ruin in progress of excavation and finally unexplored areas that can tell us about this last refuge of the oppressed inca empire terraces. Again, like in the morning this afternoon we have the opportunity to enjoy the majestic flight of condors which with big luck will pass very close to you. In the afternoon we will return to our campsite to have our lunch and then rest and enjoy the quietness of Choquequirao.
Fourth Day: Choquequirao -Santa Rosa – Chiquiska:
After having Breakfast we will begin to go down towards Santa Rosa, where the vegetation will become abundant and the weather hotter so then. We will continue to the sector of Chiquiska for camping.
Fifth Day: Chiquiska – Cachora – Cusco:
Early in the morning after breakfast we continue to climbing 4 hours more aproximately until Mirador Capuliyoq.
After that we will continue to arrive to Cachora town on hike we can appreciate again the majestic Padreyoq snow hat decorate the Apurimac Canyon.Finally we will walk one more hour towards the village of Cachora where our private transport will wait for us to take us back to Cusco rriving to cusco by 5:00 or 6:00 pm.
Included At the Choquequirao Trek:
- Private transportation, Cusco – Cachora
- Professional bilingual (Spanish / English) guide.
- Mules for transportation of equipment,food and personal luggage (7 kilos person)
- Wranglers responsible for the horses
- A cook to prepare all meals.
- Cooking equipment, tent, dining tent, chairs, tables,
- Four season tent (a 3-person tent for every 2 individuals)
- Thermarest mat
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 dinners; food suitable for trekking and rich in carbohydrates.
- Boiled water, provided at meal times to refill your waterbottle
- Entrance fee for Choquequirao
- Private transportation, Cusco-Cachora-Cusco
Doesn’t include at the Choquequirao Trek:
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day
- And if you need something to hire from us, we will for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping
- Shops use to ask like 50 or 60 dolars for anything you want to take.
What you need to take for the Choquequirao Trek:
- Walking boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Insect repellent minimum 30% deet
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries
Optional items to take for the Choquequirao Trek:
- Walking poles (with rubber tip) they can also be hired from us
- Plasters and bandages
- Bathing suit (for hot springs) in conoc , ( optional )
- Extra contribution suggested
Price Private service:
|N° of Person||PRICE PER PERSON|
|1 Persons||US$ 690|
If you want to book a tour in group service, write us to the email or WhatsApp and specify the date of your tour and the number of people.